RE: [opensuse-gnome] go elsewhere
  • From: "Casual J. Programmer" <casualprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:45:53 +0200
Hi Alberto,

Thanks for commenting.

while I think that the discussion has elements that are partly
paranoid,

You should at least explain which ones. Said in this way it doesn't help
and it just feeds the impressions someone has.

I don't think that _is_ necessary, everybody has digested the various
comments in the thread, and I'd rather quench this kind of discussion than
fuel it.

I'd like to know what the differences in GNOME among distributions
might be, and if and how these differences are perceived by the
audiences.

This topic has already been discussed many times. What might clarify that
is a _honest_ comparison of the main two-three distributions founded on
GNOME >(fedora, ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS).

The difference I find are summed up in my first message in this thread
(performance/responsiveness, customizations, patch policies, dependencies,
...).

OK, thanks for your perception, how about having some others ?

Have a lot of fun...

Casual