Re: [opensuse-gnome] Go Elsewhere?
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:12:55 -0500
Heck all I did was reply to this thread, and look what I get hit with
once I sit down at the PC (Was I out of line by simply replying to the
mailing list stating my observation?):
<Chrysantine> jayson_r: You know it would help if you would help
regarding those GNOME issues you complain on the ML about.
<Chrysantine> jayson_r: Although complaning about things behind peoples
backs is, of course, the preferable solution to all issues.
<Chrysantine> jayson_r: And the fact is we can't bloody answer everyone.
Many of us simply do not use GNOME at all - what do you expect us to do,
pull a rabbit out of our tushy?
<Chrysantine> jayson_r: And the fact is we can't bloody answer everyone.
Many of us simply do not use GNOME at all - what do you expect us to do,
pull a rabbit out of our tushy?
<Chrysantine> jayson_r: It's starting to get on my nerves seriously -
people whine and moan behind our back yet do jack shit themselves.
Everyones a critic, eh?

I don't understand your point. The real question is: how many guys in
#opensuse-gnome, involved in the GNOME development or in the GNOME
community at opensuse try to help users on the official support channel?

What Chrisantine pointed out is an elementary truth: 80% of openSUSE
users use KDE, and almost all of the active members of the support
channel (#suse) use KDE.
I agree they should not send GNOME users to other distributions, but you
can't really expect they learn how to use GNOME to help people.

Regards,
Alberto