Re: [opensuse-gnome] Go Elsewhere?
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:42:23 -0500
On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 20:25 -0500, Bryen wrote:
Twice this past weekend, I've come across people in #suse saying "If you
want to use GNOME" go to another distro. Each time I confronted them,
they have not been able to back up their statement. Both times, it was
an entirely different person mentioning it.

I'm concerned with how this is happening. Twice in one weekend is a
little too close for comfort for me. Is this a growing notion among
non-GNOME users? Is there FUD being spread about openSUSE-GNOME? I
don't know. But we should be aware that it is happening and try to nip
it in the bud when possible.

Allowing this to be a widespread belief is not in anyone at openSUSE's
best interests, no matter how false this premise is.

Bryen

There are a lot of KDE fanboys and fangirls on #suse, so I don't know if
it's *increasing*, but it is there and a problem.

As far as FUD, besides the old crap about Mono, I don't know of any. But
if I do hear anything, I'll definitely try to nip it in the bud (and
shove it down a well. I just like to make sure it down ;-))
--
Kevin "Yo" Dupuy - openSUSE Member
Public Mail: <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>