Re: [opensuse-gnome] pulseaudio-glitch-free
  • From: CyberOrg <cyberorg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:38:29 +0530
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I'm now running the what-would-be pulseaudio 0.9.11 a.k.a glitch-free,
which I've packaged in my home:rodrigomoya:pulseaudio repository.

Any feedback appreciated, I will submit this to FACTORY in the next few
days (if my testing goes well).

The new packages didn't go down well here, here are the issues:

* Flash in firefox stopped playing, I rebuilt libflashsupport, still
it didnt come back
* In other application sound stops playing after a while, only thing
that come out of speaker is crackling sound

The output when running in shell:

#pulseaudio &
[1] 31563
W: main.c: High-priority scheduling enabled in configuration but not
allowed by policy.
W: core-util.c: setpriority(): Permission denied
W: pid.c: Stale PID file, overwriting.
W: control.c: Invalid CTL front:0
W: control.c: Invalid CTL front:0
E: socket-server.c: socket(PF_INET6): Address family not supported by protocol
E: socket-server.c: socket(PF_INET6): Address family not supported by protocol
W: pcm_hw.c: SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DRAIN failed
W: pcm_hw.c: SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DRAIN failed
W: pcm_hw.c: SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DRAIN failed

After few minutes pa dies with this message:

E: sink.c: Assertion '!s->thread_info.rewind_requested' failed at
pulsecore/sink.c:623, function pa_sink_render(). Aborting.

The user is in pulse, pulse-access, pulse-rt groups.

Let me know if you need any tests to be done.

Ciao

-J