Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME: repository maintenance
  • From: Michael Wolf <maw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:25:44 -0500
On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 10:56 +0100, James Ogley wrote:
Mike, et al:

* GNOME:STABLE

Makes sense. Whatever is our latest released product is "STABLE" for us
basically.

Right, so it's worth mentioning that this theoretically could be an
odd-numbered GNOME release. Unlikely (no such plans exist), but not
impossible.

* GNOME:Factory

Great idea, especially if it makes it easier for non-Novell team members
to contribute.

* GNOME:UNSTABLE - I expect this project to lie fallow most of the
time.

Actually, how about we just put it out of everyone's misery? :)

Yeah, I don't think there's any value in keeping this around. In theory
I guess we could use it to get a head start on the next major GNOME
version; in practice, I don't think that's likely to happen.

* GNOME:Community - This project will continue as is.

Except it will grow and improve and ultimately take over the world!

In terms of target repositories, G:C and G:F should build against every
product including Factory (think about it for a moment and
G:F/openSUSE_Factory makes sense), G:S against everything EXCEPT
Factory.

I'm trying to come up with a good reason why G:S should build against
Factory and I can't. So I think you're right. :)

Also, for released products, they should ALWAYS use the Update
repository.

Yep.

Michael.