[opensuse-gnome] openSUSE GNOME meeting (2008/06/12)
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 23:30:00 +0200
* Promoting 11.0 (vuntz / hobbsc)
- hobbsc and vuntz started promotion blog entries, we should do all the
same
- A series of articles about user-friendly specific 11.0 stuff
+ new features (pulseaudio, randr1.2, zypper, packagekit
+ more high-level stuff, like 'how to use os as media center',
'business desktop (word processing, etc)', etc
+ stuff for developers to grow the developers base
+ what about looking for help with other distros for
linux-generic
stuff (mostly everything is just linux, not specific to a
distro)
- Boxed set delivery is free
- Someone wants to write a sneak peeks article for 11.0?
AI: suseROCKs to create http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/TopicstoWrite

* Helping Hands Launch (suseROCKs)
- http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/HowTos created, please review
- We need people to submit topics and volunteer to be a Helping Hands
expert
- Suggest ideas & enlist at
http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/HowTos/HelpingHandsTopics

* Nominating Bug-X for Maintenance Updates (jpr)
- Tag potential updates with gnome-update keyword
- Developers, ask Anja for a SWAMP-ID

* Use bugzilla instead of wiki for AI's (rodrigo / vuntz)
- People forget too easily their AIs on the wiki, so why not use
bugzilla?
- Used for tracking things, so makes sense, would just need a new AI
component, eg
- We need some AI master to nag constantly people about their AIs, or
some automatic application that reminds people before the AIs reach
their timeline
AI: rodrigo to mail henne for creating products/components
AI: captain_magnus to become the AI master

* Bug Triage Policy (jpr)
- Bug tagging was quite successful for 11.0, helped us focus on user
impact rather than technical severity
- More aspects to bug handling inconsistent, proposal to fix them:
+ http://en.opensuse.org/User:Jproseve/TriageProposal
+ Attempts to better define severities
+ It moves to priority rather than severity as the first order
driver of what gets fixed
+ It pushes for being better citizens upstream with bug filing
in bugzilla.gnome.org and other upstream bugzilla
+ it attempts to clearly define a triage process some that
technical but not necessarily developers can easily perform it
in a repeatable manner
- Proposal sent to the KDE team also

* Start discussing 11.1 features (vuntz)
- http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Ideas/11.1 <- please review, still has
items already done for 11.0
- We need people to think hard about what they want for 11.1

* Agenda for upcoming meeting (casualprogrammer)
- Helping hands update (suseROCKs)
- 11.1 features
- Bug triage
- AI master update