Re: [opensuse-gnome] Weekly duties for Gnome-Meeting
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 09:09:39 -0400
On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 10:34 +0200, Casual J. Programmer wrote:
Hello all,

I have reason to reconsider my cooperation with the openSUSE-GNOME team
as it appears, that fruitful and honest cooperation is not wanted.

It definitely is wanted. Your reporting and now your bug squashing and
meeting help are greatly appreciated.

jpr seems to be content to fiddle with bug reports to his hearts content
and does not deem it necessary to apologize if critized for it.

I did not see the questions/comments from last friday unfortunately.
Currently I'm getting somewhere between 300-500 bug mails a day and I
missed your followup comments there :-/. It was definitely *not*
purposely ignoring you.

Instead critical remarks get edited out, to be seen at

Bug 395445 Bug 394408

If jpr does not restore the remarks and apologizes for censoring them I
no longer see fit to cooperate and will drop weekly duties.

I don't think I have the power to remove comments (even on purpose),
what is missing?

The original bug description said that the crash occurred after packages
were updated, so I was not sure it was a duplicate (and we had no other
reports at the time of crash on update), and your comment about
occurring every time at start came after I un-duped the bugs.
Additionally bug 395445 already had the blocker and ship_stopper+ flag
on it, which would flag it as blocking the gold master release. Ideally
you dupe to the older bug, but there are cases where its unclear, more
information ends up in the new bug, etc where you have exceptions.

What I did fail to do was make a good, clear comment in the original bug
394408 about why I unduped it and referencing it to the newer bug, that
was my fault, sorry.

You are one of the best bug reporters we have (both for GNOME and the
project as a whole), I would hate to lose you.

(We really need to publish triage guidelines in a more comprehensive way
project wide).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>