Re: [opensuse-gnome] Default IRC client... Again...
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:38:36 +0200
Magnus Boman wrote:
I see one left issue with xchat though:
It seems that one has to define --existing to the commandline to open an irc url from the commandline (or from a browser).
It would be very nice to have a wrapper (or a patched xchat) to autodetect that and if it's running reuse that session and otherwise open xchat.
Sounds reasonable?

I don't really see an issue with having to specify --existing since it
will open up a new xchat session if one doesn't exist. And having it
reuse an already running xchat is much nicer than starting a second
instance.

Hmm, ok, I missed the fact that --existing opens a new process if needed ;-)
No objections then ;-)

Wolfgang