Re: [opensuse-gnome] Default IRC Client
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:46:05 -0500
Looking back to my own experience when I got involved starting with
10.3....

IRC was a new concept for me, and I tried to get it going on Pidgin.
Can't remember why it failed exactly, so I let it slide for a bit. Then
I stumbled upon xchat and installed that. After that IRC-ing was a
piece of cake.

However, I do think that in general, most users wouldn't think about
needing IRC, so perhaps it should be an add-on rather than default
install if space is needed for other things.