Re: [opensuse-gnome] Default IRC Client
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:01:07 -0500
Please head over the to
http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Pattern_Review/xchat and discuss your
opinions. Please note that *not* installing xchat or xchat-gnome by
default does not mean that we are dropping it from the distribution.

I voted for x-chat because it's full featured and it's not overcomplex,
in my opinion.

However, I'm not troubled about having or not having the IRC client. The
issue comes from the greeter/support link, which, if I don't remember it
wrong, points to the IRC support channel. If there's nothing that
manages urls like irc://..., it's not a good idea.

Regards,
Alberto