Re: [opensuse-gnome] Patches for GNOME packages
  • From: Michael Wolf <maw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:22:29 -0500

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 18:58 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
Hi

The GNOME packages (packages maintained by gnome-maintainers@) follow
the patch tagging guidelines described in this page:

http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Patches#Patch_Standards

so please, consider this a gently reminder that if you add new patches
to packages maintained by the GNOME team, please take a minute to add
the correct tagging. In a not too distant future we might add hooks to
osc to not even allow you to submit a package with untagged patches, so
get used to do it now :-)

On a related note, when you make a submission that adds a patch or an
entirely new source, we humbly ask that changelog entries be of the form
"Add fixstuff.patch, which fixes stuff", and not "Fix stuff." Further
details are, of course, welcome.

Michael.