Re: [opensuse-gnome] Request: Add FileZilla as default FTP client, instead of gFtp
  • From: "Nagappan A" <nagappan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:27:27 -0700
Hi Alberto,

FileZilla is much user friendly as compared to gFtp and FileZilla UI
is much cleaner than gFtp. That's my personal opinion.

Thanks
Nagappan

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Alberto Passalacqua
<alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

> In package list, Add FileZilla as the default FTP client, instead of gFtp.
>
> Thanks
> Nagappan

I disagree. gFTP also manages SSH connections, and it's pretty easy to
use, even though not the most modern FTP client.

So I vote to let it stay the default.

Nautilus in my experience fails with certain FTP sites and it's terribly
slow on SSH connections.

With kind regards,
Alberto

--