Re: [opensuse-gnome] Request: Add FileZilla as default FTP client, instead of gFtp
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 08:34:54 +0200
Hi,

Bryen wrote:
I use Nautilus for FTP from time to time as well. Fortunately, I don't
have issues with the specific FTP servers I connect to. But, there were
some limitations iirc about Nautilus FTP, such as inability to change
from active to passive FTP (which is an important one. Can't remember
the other ones.

For easy use of FTP, I actually recommend FireFTP extension right in
Firefox for most of my users. It's easy to use and handles just about
all of the FTP configurable needs the average joe needs.

Of course, we don't package FF plugins, so that's moot for this
discussion, I guess.

We could of course package FF plugins if they are an important part of the distribution. The extension handling of FF with AMO and automatic updates and so on makes it usually not useful to have them in RPM form.

http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/Mozilla#Extensions_.28incl._Themes.29

Wolfgang