Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME main menu bugs
  • From: Hans Petter Jansson <hpj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 14:49:42 -0600
On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 21:29 +0200, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:

Have you tried contacting Scott directly? That seems like the most
logical course of action.

Of course not. We are not supposed to do that. The communication about
bugs should be on bugzilla anyway, and discussion on ML.

I agree that details-heavy, technical communication should happen in
public, logged forums, but I find that misunderstandings can be cleared
up more quickly in 1-to-1 conversations. Sometimes all it takes is a
little poking :)

In the meanwhile, I can point you to what I consider the worst issues:

* The memory leak: it's _slow_, not fast as it happened in 10.1. I
had it after various suspend/resume cycles.
* The load speed issue with high cpu usage. I notice it at every
login on 10.3.

I commented on the bug with the first issue. For the second issue, does
it help if you move away ~/.recently-used.xbel ?

--
Hans Petter