Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME main menu bugs
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 14:06:09 +0200
Votes make it easier to prioritize our fixing. We have thousands of
bugs, and not everyone might care as much about these bugs as you do.
It's that simple.

Hello,

I'm sorry to repeat myself for the n-th time, but I don't understand why
the assignee of a bug doesn't answer to the bug report for example,
independently by votes, when it's a lot of time some of those bugs are
reported. At this point, marking those bugs as WONTFIX seems a solution
too, at least closer to what's actually happening.

The list of bugs at the beginning of this thread was written by me at
least twice. I saw the bugs assigned for ages, without even a comment
from the assignee, and of course without fixes.
In the IRC channel I received answers like "we are waiting for the next
version, then we will see if the bug is still there", but a bug usually
doesn't fix by itself.
The last comment I heard about these issues was from jpr, who said "I
asked sreeves to revise them". From that time, nothing.

I can vote for bugs, but it is pretty clear that a bug report regarding
a memory leak of about 100 MB, a loading time of about a minute for an
applet or a CPU usage of 100% are more urgent than, for example,
resizing the menu buttons.

Being the main-menu one of the applets characterising GNOME in openSUSE,
and being loaded by default, it's basic common sense to try to have it
without these issues, or at least to give an answer of what plans are in
the box for it.

Anyway, thanks for the interest in the thread I opened. We'll see what
comes out with openSUSE 11.0.

With kind regards,
Alberto