Re: [opensuse-gnome] Pattern Review Decision Time :-)
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:30:52 +1100
On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 10:25 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mardi 01 avril 2008, à 11:54 +1100, Magnus Boman a écrit :
The following packages are considered to be excluded from the patterns;

pessulus
sabayon

We should add them to some new patterns that will get on the DVD, IMHO.
It can be useful, but not in the 1 CD case.

It's certainly doable from a technical perspective. I guess we need to
have a chat with coolo about it though.

gnome-commander
vcdimager
ncpfs
pulseaudio-module-jack
sox
vcdimager
zenity

Agree with JP for zenity. (sorry, didn't see your comment about it on
the page)

Sure. Didn't know about it.

pan
xournal
gftp
gnet

I'd also remove:

gnome-keyring-manager

Yeah, I didn't list it as it will be replaced with seahorse.

pan => to reply to your comment, I don't think most users of this CD
will use pan to access the forums, they'll use the web forums.

Fair enough. Let's see if anyone objects :-)

There were other packages from non-GNOME patterns that don't make really
sense on a GNOME CD, like xvkbd. How can we handle this? Bring them for
discussion on opensuse-factory?

Yeah, I guess that would be a good discussion on the Factory ml.

Magnus