Re: [opensuse-gnome] Pattern Review Decision Time :-)
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:29:53 +0200
Le mardi 01 avril 2008, à 13:31 +1100, Magnus Boman a écrit :

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 21:18 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
Are these 1 CD media removals or permanent pattern removals (ie not with
the DVD either)

Both the 1 CD and the DVD will be affected.

IMHO, the current way things are handled for CD and DVD makes it hard to
change the patterns since both are affected. This can be bad in some
cases (pessulus and sabayon come to my mind, eg).

I don't know if it's a good idea, but maybe we could change gnome_basis
to mean "what we ship on the CD" and have all other gnome* patterns be
extra stuff for the DVD? We'd be a bit more free to choose between
moving around packages and removing packages. Or maybe create a gnome_cd
pattern that would depend on gnome_basis (is it possible?) and on the
other packages we want on the CD.