Re: [opensuse-gnome] GDM 2.21.9 test packages
  • From: Hans Petter Jansson <hpj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:24:01 -0600
On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 19:45 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 23:56 -0600, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:

GDM 2.21.9 test packages are now available from my home project.
Hopefully it'll get built eventually, and when it does I hope it'll go
as smoothly as it did on my local pod:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=gdm&project=home%3Ahpjansson%3A11.0-testing

I gather that the smart card and AD patches are dead for this build
currently?

Yes, unfortunately. I'm working on it, but they'll probably break again
as the new GDM code base is still unstable (now more in the "changing"
sense than the "crashing" one).

Still, I think we should go with the new GDM. It is a lot better than it
was, and it'll be more fun.

You may need an upgraded ConsoleKit too; I'm now providing one totally
free of charge!

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=ConsoleKit&project=home%3Ahpjansson%3A11.0-testing

If we do need an update for GDM, talk to Danny K. or Kay sooner rather
than later :-)

Cc'ed. Danny, are you planning to upgrade ConsoleKit in factory? I have
a test package at the above URL.

--
Hans Petter