Re: [opensuse-gnome] Pattern Review Decision Time :-)
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:18:36 -0400
On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 11:54 +1100, Magnus Boman wrote:
Hello,

The Pattern Review page[1] has been up on the wiki for a while now and
there's been some comments.

So we should move along and make some decisions.

Note, this is not about packages to be added / dropped from the distro,
but rather what packages that should *not* be installed by default. This
will benefit us in two way;

1) We don't mess up the menus with applications that most people never
use
2) The packages will not be on the 1 CD Install, leaving room for other
packages to go in there instead

Also, this is not about packages to be *added* to the patterns. There
will be a separate discussion about that.

The following packages are considered to be excluded from the patterns;

pessulus
sabayon
gnome-commander
vcdimager
ncpfs
pulseaudio-module-jack
sox
vcdimager
zenity

Used a lot in scripts, even inside openSUSE but no hard deps, so keep
this.

pan
xournal

Check with the mobile team?

gftp
gnet

If anyone has any objections, please let us know ASAP.

Are these 1 CD media removals or permanent pattern removals (ie not with
the DVD either)

What about additions?

-JP
--