Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: "Alan McGovern" <alan.mcgovern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:13:58 +0000
I don't think this is good point when it comes to choose an application
for a distribution with a wide user base target.

As I said, I think we should decided for a versatile tool, not for the
"basic user tool".

True, but i still believe that proxy support isn't a make or break
feature. That's just my opinion though.

One thing I'd suggest if Monsoon allows it: enable UPnP by default, so
it just works if you have a UPnP router. Very useful for people with
home networks and only one external facing IP address.

That is what's done. The upnp library that Monsoon uses supports
nat-pmp aswell, I just have to update the copy that i ship with
monsoon.

right, that's what I'm try to do, but need to understand what
experienced torrent uses really need

One feature which i use which haven't been mentioned is selective
downloading: choosing which files in the torrent should be downloaded.
That is quite useful at times. An app which supports that would be
nice. Transmission and Monsoon do, but i don't think deluge does. The
others i don't know about.

Alan.