Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:07:59 -0500
We should provide the best application for _all_ our users, not the best
for unexperienced users.

right, that's what I'm try to do, but need to understand what
experienced torrent uses really need, so I'm ok with having advanced
preferences, but by default the app should do its job automatically
(when possible of course), and if not possible, it should show
meaningful information, rather than allowing the user to tweak every
setting.

Well, I think it's not our task to decide for an experienced user. We
should let _him_ choose.

I agree with the "easy and automatic" default idea though. That's why I
suggested deluge. It's true it has a wizard at the first startup, but by
clicking "next" some times, you have a nice default without a real user
intervention, and you don't prevent the advanced user to decide what to
do.

Anyway, I repeated my point already a lot of times. Your turn to
decide ;-)

Regards,
Alberto