Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:04:01 -0500
The vast majority of users won't ever need to set a proxy. 99% of the
time (rough guess) you'll have direct access to the internet. In cases
where you do not, you would generally be behind a restrictive
corporate network which wouldn't allow p2p apps anyway. So even if you
could use a HTTP proxy to allow tracker communications, there wouldn't
be a SOCKS proxy available for peer communications. While SOCKS/HTTP
proxy support would be nice for the minority who are behind such
restrictive setups, it's not a make or break feature.

I don't think this is good point when it comes to choose an application
for a distribution with a wide user base target.

As I said, I think we should decided for a versatile tool, not for the
"basic user tool".

Regards,
Alberto