Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: Justin Haygood <jhaygood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:29:00 -0400
On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 13:22 +0000, Alan McGovern wrote:
I'm not sure transmission has proxy support at all, that's why I
included it in the list of lacking features.

The vast majority of users won't ever need to set a proxy. 99% of the
time (rough guess) you'll have direct access to the internet. In cases
where you do not, you would generally be behind a restrictive
corporate network which wouldn't allow p2p apps anyway. So even if you
could use a HTTP proxy to allow tracker communications, there wouldn't
be a SOCKS proxy available for peer communications. While SOCKS/HTTP
proxy support would be nice for the minority who are behind such
restrictive setups, it's not a make or break feature.

One thing I'd suggest if Monsoon allows it: enable UPnP by default, so
it just works if you have a UPnP router. Very useful for people with
home networks and only one external facing IP address.

Alan.