Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:21:01 +0100
On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 17:22 -0500, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:
To cite some issues I see in transmission:

- Impossible to set a proxy.

this should be set in the network capplet from gnome-control-center, and
the apps should be changed to work with those settings if they don't
yet. That is, we already have proxy config in that capplet, firefox, and
other I can't remember right now, so please don't add more proxy config
GUIs, let's just use the one we have and make it fit all needs.

- Very rough bandwidth control (only upload and download speed settings,
no connection number limitations).
- No control on seeding (quota ratio, for example).

Why they are useful seems pretty evident to me.

it doesn't to me, since I've never had to set that at all, only upload
and download speed settings. So, why is this useful?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>