Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:13:19 -0500

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 15:31 -0500, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:
So bittorrent-gtk looks a big rough to me too, anything in particular
about transmission that is particularly annoying?

Mainly the reduced options provided compared to the other two,
especially for the network config.

I think a large majority of users would never know one way or another
and we already have tomboy, banshee and f-spot that are widely uses and
things like tasque that are the new toys on the block.

Indeed. But, said without any bias, because I've nothing against it, the
dependency on Mono is still one of the biggest complain we hear.

Regards,
A.

I think making such decisions based on that only serves to politicize
the process of choosing the best app to provide. That puts everyone in
an unfair position when it comes to making unbiased decisions.

As for whether it is "thrown in their face", I don't think that holds
water either. A person who is either new or has no bias against mono
wouldn't feel it is being thrown in their face. And the ones who are
biased are intelligent enough to make their own choice of whether to use
that app or install another comparable app from the repositories (or
roll their own.)

If they choose to feel that way, that's their choice. We shouldn't have
our hands tied by letting their choice become our choice. Everyone
loses that way.

Bryen