Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:58:58 -0400
On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 14:50 -0500, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:
Hello,

to make it short, I think that both transmission and bittorrent-gtk are
too rough, and if you want to set something fancy, you have to change
application to move to something more powerful.

So bittorrent-gtk looks a big rough to me too, anything in particular
about transmission that is particularly annoying?

I didn't know monotorrent, which looks pretty good, but I would avoid
mono apps. Some users don't really want to use mono, and pushing it in
their face is not the right way to go, I think.

I think a large majority of users would never know one way or another
and we already have tomboy, banshee and f-spot that are widely uses and
things like tasque that are the new toys on the block.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Novell, Inc.