Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:51:12 +0100
On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 22:22 +0000, Andrew Wafaa wrote:

[0]http://en.opensuse.org/User:FunkyPenguin/TorrentReview

transmission and bittorrent-gtk look the best options to me, they seem
to follow better the GNOME conventions (just works by default, with the
ability to change settings if the user wants to).

The others look a lot like aMule and similar P2P apps, which just
contain too much information by default for the normal user. That is,
when do you need to change the port? I am not a prolific torrent user,
but I have never had to worry about port numbers, I just had a .torrent
file and dropped that to the torrent app and it just worked. I guess
most users downloading openSUSE ISOs would just want something as simple
as that.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>