Re: [opensuse-gnome] Agenda Items for Thursday's meeting
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:26:40 +0100
Le mardi 25 mars 2008, à 17:16 -0500, Bryen a écrit :
I'd like to add to the agenda, if we could open up for initial
discussion, some ideas for reaching out to non-devs, non-geeks,
what-have-you so that we can increase community participation.

I don't have any concrete ideas as of this moment, but I've mentioned
this topic in passing to several of you recently. The meetings we have
are very dev oriented, and that's great. But intimidating to someone
who isn't into coding and such.

So, can we add that as an agenda topic? "Community Outreach" or
something like that? Perhaps you guys might have some ideas lurking in
the back of your heads too. Heck! Even Captain Magnus might surprise
us with an idea. Stranger things have happened.

That's a good point. We probably need more non-coding tasks (like the
current discussion about a bittorrent client, the pattern review, etc.).
And we need to advertise those tasks a bit more. Blogs, openSUSE Weekly
News, etc.

Starting the meeting with those discussions might help to have people
not leave because of technical stuff.

That's just my gut feeling so far. I agree we'd need to discuss this.