Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: "Alan McGovern" <alan.mcgovern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:46:05 +0000
Hi,

I'm the developer of MonoTorrent[1][2], it was developed in the summer of
2006 (iirc) as part of googles Summer of Code initiative. A GUI[3] was
developed for the library during the Summer of Code of 2007, now known as
Monsoon. That GUI is fairly well featured and robust. Check out the video in
[3] if you want a really quick overview of all the features. My pitch is
that Monsoon should be the default client for suse. It's feature rich, under
active development and easy to use.

I also did a very brief comparison between Monsoon and Transmission a short
time ago, the results of which i detailed in my blog[4][5]. Since then the
only major change in MonoTorrent has been that hashing performance has
increased by about 8-10%.

I've attached the links to the 1-click install for Suse 10.2 [6] and Suse
10.3 [7] along with a link to the project on the opensuse build service [8].
Note, there are a few known issues in that release which have subsequently
been fixed in SVN, mostly involving the persisting of certain data between
sessions.

Let me know what you think,
Thanks,
Alan.