[opensuse-gnome] Feature and Component Freeze
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:53:05 +1100
Hello all,

From now, up until the 17th, we need to go through all RFE's and make a
decision on them. No more features/enhancements are allowed to go in
after this date.
We also need to make sure that the version we have are up-to-date by
this date.

From the 2nd of May, only Major/Critical/Blocker bug fixes are allowed.

The way I see it, we need to work extra hard from now until the 17th to
make decisions on various things, such as Desktop policies, Package
includes/excludes, patterns etc (I've added all these to the agenda for
the meeting on Thursday).

We have made great progress so far with plenty of new features, updated
packages etc and I believe that GNOME in openSUSE 11.0 is going to rock
the world. Let's keep the good work up and make sure that we can also
get this one out the door with as few open bug reports as possible.

For more information about the schedule, have a look at
http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap/11.0

Thanks,
Magnus