Re: [opensuse-gnome] Tagging yelp patches
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:40:46 -0400
On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 17:54 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

I've tried to tag yelp patches, but some help would be welcome for a few
patches:

+ yelp-desktop.patch
Changes the Comment key in the desktop file to be a GenenericName
key. We're doing this in many many modules. Does anyone know why?

I think this was a hack for the app browser way back, but now this patch
seems to have no effect (at least on factory that is not the generic
name used) and we have a proper GenericName for this now, so I think it
can be dropped.

+ yelp-suse-20060319.patch
It's a huge patch, I'm not quite sure what it's doing. But I know it
doesn't apply cleanly anymore. It has been modified quite a few times
according to the changelog. hpj, do you have more details?

+ yelp-2.13.5-use-susehelp.patch
This links gnome-help to susehelp instead of yelp. I'm not quite sure
why it would be needed. Looking at susehelp, the only relevant use
case would be when $DOC_HOST is not localhost. However, I'm not aware
of anything calling gnome-help (I believe yelp is generally directly
called).

This calls the desktop specific help app where necessary - ie on KDE
running gimp you will get khelpcenter. On GNOME running k3b you will
get yelp.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>