[opensuse-gnome] Tagging yelp patches
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:54:24 +0100
Hi,

I've tried to tag yelp patches, but some help would be welcome for a few
patches:

+ yelp-desktop.patch
Changes the Comment key in the desktop file to be a GenenericName
key. We're doing this in many many modules. Does anyone know why?

+ yelp-suse-20060319.patch
It's a huge patch, I'm not quite sure what it's doing. But I know it
doesn't apply cleanly anymore. It has been modified quite a few times
according to the changelog. hpj, do you have more details?

+ yelp-2.13.5-use-susehelp.patch
This links gnome-help to susehelp instead of yelp. I'm not quite sure
why it would be needed. Looking at susehelp, the only relevant use
case would be when $DOC_HOST is not localhost. However, I'm not aware
of anything calling gnome-help (I believe yelp is generally directly
called).

+ yelp-2.14.0-process-suse-manuals.patch
Doesn't apply any more and seems to depend on
yelp-suse-20060319.patch. Looks like the patch adds doc from
/usr/share/susehelp/meta/. I guess we want to keep that?

+ yelp-2.18.1-empty-doc-crash.patch
Doesn't apply any more right now. I'm trying to reproduce the crash,
but I can't. Does anyone remember what kind of empty doc it was? (ie,
just an empty file, or some docbook with a basic structure but no
content, etc.)

(There were two other patches, I've upstreamed one and killed the other
one)

Thanks,

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.