Re: [opensuse-gnome] Yast-gtk package selector status
  • From: Ricardo Cruz <rpmcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:10:42 +0000
Hi there,

To clarify Martin's mockup:
That mockup was one of two suggested by Martin Szulecki for the purpose
of a brainstorm discussion. It was based on the look of the selector at
the time which was a place holder, while the framework was being worked
on. But PackageKit being set to replace it in an upcoming version, the
idea was to try something different, so that some of it's design might
serve as inspiration and live on. :/

With regard to the druid/assistant look, the main problem here is that
most yast tool mixes an overview and a wizard flow without a visual
break. This duality is confusing, and should be addressed. In the
meanwhile, I agree we should get rid of the current look. That's on the
TO-DO list for some time.

Anyway, thanks for the review.

Cheers,
Ricardo