Re: [opensuse-gnome] Changing gconf default values without a patch
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:48:56 +0100
Le lundi 10 mars 2008, à 16:50 +0100, Stanislav Brabec a écrit :
Vincent Untz wrote:

1) First, we change /etc/gconf/2/path to add a new source for the
defaults, between the source for systemwide customizations and the
source for upstream defaults.
It means adding a line like this:
"xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.distro.defaults"

Agree. I just sent my proposal independently on yours while searching
for a solution of distro branding.

:-)

2) Instead of patching schemas files to change the defaults, we create
files for those changes and we'll have them installed in a gconf-y
way in this new /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.distro.defaults

What name exactly other distros use?

They're using /var/lib/gconf/debian.defaults.
(They put schemas in /var/lib/gconf since they're not configuration
files that should be modified, and they use
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults for the settings modified by the admins)

3) Instead of shipping those new files in each package, we create a
gnome-policy-openSUSE package that will ship them

Or follow branding proposal and make it package specific and name it
foo-branding-openSUSE

Well, I was not sure that this should be called branding, but I'm of
course fine with this.