Re: [opensuse-gnome] Remembering the Milk...
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:55:25 -0500

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 14:05 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le lundi 10 mars 2008 à 11:10 +0100, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 11:50 -0700, Boyd Timothy wrote:

Tasky does have a lot of good momentum and having all of your feedback
(as users) would be most excellent in making it even better. But then
again, I'm pretty biased. :)

installing as we speak tasky, so sorry for the obvious question, but you
mean we would be using tasky with RTM as the backend?

I have really nothing against RTM, but an argument that convinced me was
the one about new opensuse-gnome community members having to create
accounts in several places, so, is 'mail notifications' and 'ease of
editing' the 2 arguments in favor of RTM?

If so, and since people seem inclined to use Bugzilla or the wiki, where
users in our gnome community should already have accounts to help us in
bug days, meetings, etc, can we have a bugzilla backend in tasky? (I
won't propose a wiki backend :)

I have to agree with Rodrigo here. (I must admit I'm always reluctant to
open yet another account on yet another website, so I'm clearly
biased ;-))

Let's just kind of clarify a bit here before we get into yet another
discussion of keeping RTM or not. I think we've all kind of gotten
into the agreement that going off to a different site isn't beneficial
for us from a visibility or ease of new member purpose.

The use of Tasky doesn't negate that issue.

However, our discussion has evolved to a newer point which is that we DO
want to help each other out in the various developments you all
undertake. And we're at a perfect window to give Boyd some valuable
feedback on Tasky functionality/usability before we switch off of RTM.

I would hope that we can at least give him these few weeks to try Tasky
(or whatever the new name will be) before we do go off of RTM, which at
this point, I find no one is opposed to that idea.

No need to bash the usefulness or lack thereof of RTM. It has already
been discussed and there appears to be a majority consensus to
eventually move off of RTM. Vincent just has to suffer for a few more
weeks. :-)

Bryen