Re: [opensuse-gnome] twitux packaged for opensuse
  • From: Justin Haygood <jhaygood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 00:39:03 -0400

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 20:57 +0200, Munkii wrote:
On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 00:36 -0500, Justin Haygood wrote:
I just flexed my building skills and packaged twitux for openSUSE 10.3.
According to build.opensuse.org, it won't build on factory tho :(.

One-Click URL:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jhaygood/openSUSE_10.3/twitux.ymp

If you want to help port it to run on factory, be my guest (send me the
diffs, and i'll upload them to my home project). I would also like to
propose this for GNOME:Community if possible. I'll maintain it to the
best of my ability (including trying to get it building on FACTORY
eventually)

Thanks,
Justin Haygood

i tried to compile it from source, but it needs libsoup-2.2, and factory
has 2.3

I just updated the package in my home repo for factory. It might take a
while to rebuild and stuff, but once it is, it should build on factory.
It needs testing though. If it works out, I'll submit my patches
upstream. Basically, I patched it to work on both 2.2 and 2.4 (they are
API and ABI incompatible, but are very similar and easy to do both).

openSUSE 10.3 users should see no changes, but it'll have a bumped
release number.