Re: [opensuse-gnome] Evolution Spam filtering
  • From: Srinivasa Ragavan <sragavan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:44:10 +0530
On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 16:40 +0100, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Srinivasa Ragavan píše v So 01. 03. 2008 v 00:17 +0530:
On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 11:13 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

The only problem I had is that when first setting it up, it seemed to
need to be trained both for spam *and* ham (otherwise no ham showed up
on my inbox). I don't know if it would be possible for Evo to detect
that Bogofilter is not configured yet, and feed it your first batch of
ham just the first time.

There is not documented/direct way. If you know any ways it is possible,
I can get that done easily.

I can imagine following scenario:

- User clicked to the mail
- Mail is displayed
- User left the mail in place or moved manually somewhere
=> It is a HAM
Nice thought. But this cannot be applied always and can't be foolproof
also. Get another thing that passing these through pipe to the spam
daemon is gonna be slow. You can't keep doing it always. You need to
know if it has sufficient to know it by itself, and there is no way you
can know it.

Another thing is that, I'm not sure which distro, but one of the distros
ship a predefined database for Bogofilter or Spam assassin (Pardon my
memory). I have heard it from some community guys. It is indeed a good
idea. So your spam filter starts working out of the box.

-Srini