[opensuse-gnome] RTM Discussion revisited
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:14:48 -0600
Earlier this morning (okay VERY early this morning for some of us)
during our weekly meeting, we discussed and voted in favor of giving
Tasky an additional week to test out before rolling back to managing our
tasks on the wiki. Primarily, I wanted to ensure that we leveraged the
opportunity to give Boyd some good feedback on Tasky before we abandoned
RTM.

Since that time, Boyd has gotten up at a decent hour :-) and we
continued our discussion. One important thing that we didn't know about
during our meeting is that Boyd already has newer versions of Tasky
which has even better features for managing our tasks on RTM, including
the ability to delete tasks and adding/managing notes. And I think he
also was going to add the ability to assign tasks to other members
(correct me if I'm wrong Boyd?)

So, we discussed and decided we'd like to propose extending the 1 week
grace period to 4 weeks. And at that point in time, we'll decide
whether to keep RTM or return to the wiki.

Can I get some votes here in agreement of this modified proposal? No,
it is not a complicated voting procedure. No, I do not care whether
you're a Novell employee or not. No, I don't care if you've signed the
Guiding Principles for this vote. :-) Just VOTE!

Understand one thing. The primary purpose of extending the grace period
is to leverage this opportunity to give Boyd some real feedback on
Tasky. I think it's a wonderful opportunity to use a "real-world"
experience for feedback.

Boyd, will you reply here with links to where everyone can get the
latest and greatest version of Tasky and where they can post feedback?

Thanks everyone!

--
---Bryen---

Let's rejoice a "There are no dumb questions" culture.
But I really need you to have a "No dumb answers" policy before I answer your
question.