Re: [opensuse-foundation] legal form
Hey,

On 01/28/2011 03:58 PM, jdd wrote:
Le 28/01/2011 15:40, Togan Muftuoglu a écrit :

So before I can put an opinion would it be possible to have a summary of
these articles in plain english ;as laws, regulations are written with
specific articalutaion that makes it harder for the layperson to
understand, that is to my understanding the case in all languages and
German is no exception.

so two problems:

* is a german organisation fitted to receive donations (including from
other countries)

Yes that is no problem at all. The only "problem" is about what the
people who give donations can get out of it. For instance if the donor
can tax-deduct his donation. There are no international laws about this
so things like these are always limited to the country the foundation is
in. But again experience from others is that this does not make a real
difference for people who want to give.

* the foundation usual langage will have to be english. How will we
manage german?

The only situation where that matters is with official documents that we
have to produce (by-laws, policies and procedures, reports). For this we
would need to have translations. This works quite well for KDE for instance.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson