Re: [opensuse-foundation] legal form
Hey,

On 01/28/2011 03:40 PM, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 01/28/2011 03:05 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
jdd wrote:

* The legal form of the foundation is to be a German voluntary
association (wikipedia:Eingetragener_Verein).

Sounds good. I think this is the right choice.

Now according to wikipedia [1] again :

"The Civil Code of Germany contains different regulations for registered
non-profit and for-profit associations regarded as juristic persons
("Vereine", articles 21–79) on the one hand and for not necessarily
registered associations by contract ("Gesellschaften", articles 705–740)
on the other hand."

So before I can put an opinion would it be possible to have a summary of
these articles in plain english ;as laws, regulations are written with
specific articalutaion that makes it harder for the layperson to
understand, that is to my understanding the case in all languages and
German is no exception.

Sorry this is something you have to do yourself or you have to rely on
the studies of others. For the previous discussions in the board I have
dived into the topic of german associations a bit. I can outline what it
is (not sure I can do that better then wikipedia) and can answer
specific questions. Would that help?

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.