Re: [opensuse-foundation] legal form
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:11:50 +0100
Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

On 01/28/2011 03:05 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
jdd wrote:

* The legal form of the foundation is to be a German voluntary
association (wikipedia:Eingetragener_Verein).

Sounds good.  I think this is the right choice.

Now according to wikipedia [1] again :

"The Civil Code of Germany contains different regulations for
registered non-profit and for-profit associations regarded as juristic
persons ("Vereine", articles 21–79) on the one hand and for not
necessarily registered associations by contract ("Gesellschaften",
articles 705–740) on the other hand."

So before I can put an opinion would it be possible to have a summary
of these articles in plain english ;as laws, regulations are written
with specific articalutaion that makes it harder for the layperson to
understand, that is to my understanding the case in all languages and
German is no exception.

The wikipedia entry is probably a good place to start, but you'll have
to ask Google to translate:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eingetragener_Verein

One question I have is - will it be possible to request/record that the
eV will use English as the primary language?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.5°C)