Re: [opensuse-foundation] what country?
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:10:06 -0500
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:56 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 17/01/2011 18:53, Henne Vogelsang a écrit :

I don't worry! I'm excited that we already have 2 new people on board
that have experience with this :)

:-)

I have a long experience of non profit organisation (as chairman or
treasurer), mostly in France, but I'm also the Linux Documentation
Project Coordinator (what mean little, this very old project being
pretty sleepy :-)

jdd

Henne,

Most of my experience is with for-profit Corps. (I've formed several.)

But I've been a member of one specific non-profit for 20+ years. I
joined their board 2 years ago, and became president one year ago. As
part of that I've been reading their bylaws, but I did not have to
write them.

(Realistically lawyers have boilerplate that is provided as a start
point, so few people write bylaws from scratch.)

I'm curious to see what the board has come up with, but I can wait
(days or weeks).

Greg