[openFATE 316815] AppArmor profile for Skype
Feature changed by: Christian Boltz (cboltz)
Feature #316815, revision 2
Title: AppArmor profile for Skype

- openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Christian Boltz (cboltz)
+ reject reason: see comment below

Requested by: Tristan Miller (psych0naut)

Skype is probably the most popular VOIP and videoconferencing software.
Unfortunately, it is proprietary, and is known to violate users'
privacy -- AppArmor reports it touching all sorts of files it has no
business reading, such as files in the user's Firefox or SeaMonkey
profile directories. Please consider producing and maintaining an
AppArmor profile for Skype in the openSUSE distribution. User-
contributed profiles such as the ones in the wiki
(http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Skype#Privacy_and_security) become
nonfunctional with new Skype releases.
It's not trivial to produce working AppArmor profiles for Skype (I
wasn't able to do it myself after an hour or so or trying) but perhaps
some knowledgeable openSUSE security developer could apply her
expertise to creating an officially supported profile.

+ #1: Christian Boltz (cboltz) (2017-06-26 18:04:02)
+ I agree, but it needs someone to do the work ;-) (and seeing no action
+ here for 3 years means it's unlikely someone picks up this feature
+ request)
+ If you are still interested in this, please ask on the upstream
+ AppArmor mailinglist o IRC channel. I'm not sure if one of the upstream
+ developers uses skype, but we should be able to help you to create the
+ profile.