[openFATE 311257] fdutils
Feature changed by: Christian Boltz (cboltz)
Feature #311257, revision 2
Title: fdutils

- openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Christian Boltz (cboltz)
+ reject reason: You are more than welcome to submit packages to
+ Tumbleweed (even if I slightly doubt floppy handling is too relevant
+ nowadays ;-)) - see https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Packaging to get
+ started.
+ However, 6 years without any response show, nobody wanted to jump in.
+ It's unlikely that this will change, so it doesn't really make sense to
+ keep this feature request open.

Requested by: Christopher Yeleighton (yecril71pl)

The fdutils package contains utilities for configuring and debugging
the Linux floppy driver, for formatting extra capacity disks (up to
1992K on a high density disk), and for sending raw commands to the
floppy controller.

Use Case:
fdutils contain fdmount to automatically mount/unmount disks when they
are inserted/removed

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: We want to provide the computer operator the possibility
to easily exchange information using floppy disks.