[openFATE 318468] New Packages Group
Feature changed by: Christian Boltz (cboltz)
Feature #318468, revision 3
Title: New Packages Group

- openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Christian Boltz (cboltz)
+ reject reason: I'm afraid this is close to impossible because
+ - define "new" ;-) (one month? this year? ...)
+ - AFAIK we don't track when a package was added in the repo metadata
+ - not all new packages are important for users - for example, nobody
+ cares about new libraries - so the "new" view would contain lots of
+ noise

Requested by: Rajesh Ganesan (ganesanrajesh)

In Yast package management, we have filters (Package groups) like
suggested, recommended, orphaned, unneeded, etc which are very useful
indeed. However, a new filter/group like "new" would be very useful. It
would help users to find newly introduced packages.

Use Case:
It is not now possible to find a new package. Updates can be found out
- say, blue color. A different color can be used for such new packages

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Suppose, a package is not found in opensuse at a point of
time. When it is later introduced, an average user, who may be waiting
for this, may not be aware of such package. Using this filter, he would
find it immediately.