[openFATE 319719] [Update] Send information about patches to e-mail
Feature changed by: Christian Boltz (cboltz)
Feature #319719, revision 2
Title: [Update] Send information about patches to e-mail

- openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE Distribution: Done
Priority
Requester: Neutral

Requested by: SÅ‚awomir Lach (lachu)

In my opinion, PackageKit should send information about patches
(concatenated description of each installed patch) to each user, who
wish to receive this kind of information.

Use Case:
1) I uses computer with family and each member of my family wish to
know, what new version of software provides.
2) Imagine I'm system admin and set updates to install automatically. I
wish to know, what was changed on my system.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: This could be helpful in case, whereas many people uses
one computer.

+ #1: Christian Boltz (cboltz) (2017-06-26 17:23:55)
+ We have something like that already ;-) - package "patch2mail". It will
+ send a daily mail with available updates to root.
+ It's not exactly what you asked for, but should be close enough ;-)