[openFATE 314730] useradd -s should accept shell basename
Feature changed by: Christian Boltz (cboltz)
Feature #314730, revision 5
Title: useradd -s should accept shell basename

- openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Christian Boltz (cboltz)
+ reject reason: If this is still an issue, please open a feature request
+ upstream.
+ We only package useradd, but don't have the resources to implement
+ features.

Requested by: Ned Ulbricht (ned_ulbricht)

This proposed feature is one possible way to deal with Bug 796242 -
"pcsc-lite: preinstall scriptlet adds user scard with bad path for
nologin shell".
Currently, the absolute location of the executable for system users'
shells is coded into rpm preinstall scriptlets scattered across
packages throughout the distro. I propose centralizing that knowledge
into useradd.
Thus, for instance
# useradd -s nologin newaccount # useradd -s dash newaccount
would both be acceptable and would result in a lookup of the correct
executable path before user account creation.