[openFATE 316758] Zypper update with date option
Feature changed by: Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
Feature #316758, revision 6
Title: Zypper update with date option

- openSUSE Distribution: New
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
+ reject reason: This is not a feature for zypper but rather for you to
+ create either cron service alternatively use salt to manage your
+ customer machines. You can inspire yourself in the online-update cron
+ script provided in openSUSE how to achieve this.

Requested by: Curtis Rubel (crubel)

It would be great to be able to run the zypper update or YOU so that
you can update using a date/time argument. This way you can specify
that you want to update everything up to the specified date/time and
leave the newer updates still on the update server.
THank you for your consideration.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: If I run around work updating all my dev systems and then
finally my customers systems even though I do them one after the other,
I cannot reliably ensure they are all on exactly the same
updates/releases. This has caused us some time consuming problems in
the past, trying to figure out what and why something is working on one
system and not another.