[openFATE 316842] grub2 configuration in Yast2
Feature changed by: Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
Feature #316842, revision 5
Title: grub2 configuration in Yast2

- openSUSE Distribution: New
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
+ reject reason: This is more an issue for the yast2-bootloader than
+ feature request for opensuse. Feel free to report issue at
+ https://github.com/yast/yast-bootloader/issues

Requested by: Ulf Michel (ulfmichel)

grub2 can in principle be configured to remember the last selected
operating system, but this is no option in Yast2.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: I am convinced that this is the configuration most users
would prefer. After every new installation I have to do this by hand
editing /etc/default/grub with changing GRUB_DEFAULT=saved and adding
GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true
and then updating grub by grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

#1: matthias sweertvaegher (mxttie) (2014-01-09 22:22:39)
although I only configure certain machines like that, I agree it is a
useful option to have in yast.