[openFATE 314544] Easier to read boot messages
Feature changed by: Karl Cheng (qantas94heavy)
Feature #314544, revision 3
Title: Easier to read boot messages

- openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE Distribution: Done

Requested by: Bo Thysell (cast_iron)

Hi! Currently when the computer is booting up it looks like this (if
you click away the splash screen): Started LSB: Set up on-boot profile
[[1;32m OK [0m] Started LSB: read [[1;32m OK [0m] Started LSB: check
quotas and turn quota [[1;32m OK [0m] As you can see the information
about whether the service failed or is ok is on the far right side of
the screen where it is quite difficult to match to the correct line.
(In reality it's even further away since I compressed the example to
save some space...) My proposal is as follows: put the info on the left
side, just next to the line like this: [[1;32m OK [0m] Started LSB: Set
up on-boot profile [[1;32m OK [0m] Started LSB: read [[1;32m OK [0m]
Started LSB: check quotas and turn quota etc... As I am using a 24"
1920x1200 resolution monitor this would make it a lot easier to read.
Any thoughts on this?

#1: Bo Thysell (cast_iron) (2012-10-13 15:31:54)
It seems the spaces were removed from the example. You just have to
imagine the first three example lines being so that the Started LSB
etc.. is on the far left on the screen and the timestamp and OK/failed
verification is on the far right.